From the very beginning of the refugee crisis related to the war in Ukraine the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Poland has been actively involved in helping those seeking refuge and support. In addition, thanks to the cooperation and financial support of the Lutheran World Federation, parishes and other organisations associated with the Church are implementing 16 aid projects in the amount above EUR 500,000. The projects are aimed at helping and supporting refugees residing in Poland to organise their daily life, integrate into the local community and restore their sense of security. Project activities are mainly focused on learning the Polish language, improving professional qualifications, supporting the education of children and young people, psychological assistance, but also getting to know each other through planned concerts, picnics and workshops. An extremely important aim of all these activities is to restore dignity and a sense of empowerment to those who have lost their entire lives.
- Lutheran Parish in Bielsko: “Polish language classes for Ukrainian Refugees”
- Lutheran Parish in Wisła Malinka: “Support for Ukrainian children to adapt to life in Poland and integrate into the local community in Wisła” and “Support for women from Ukraine who live in Wisła because of the war to adapt to Polish living conditions”.
- Lutheran Parish in Golasowice: The Program of help for war refugees from Ukraine “Heart on the palm”
- Lutheran Parish in Gliwice: “Through art to the heart – searching for a space for dialogue through music, film and theatre”
- Lutheran Diocese of Katowice: Let’s Get Together at the Christmas Table
- Lutheran Parish in Szczytno: Language training for war refugees from Ukraine and therapeutic classes for Ukrainian children.
- Lutheran Parish in Radom: “Overcoming barriers – for me and my family”
- Lutheran Holy Trinity Parish in Warsaw: “Long-term integration and activation of Ukrainian war refugees in Warsaw”
- Lutheran Parish in Jelenia Góra Cieplice: “Centre for integration and assistance to refugees from Ukraine”
- Lutheran Parish of St. Christopher in Wrocław: Support Centre for Ukrainian Refugees
- Foundation For Generation: “Medical Rehabilitation for Refugees”
- Silesian Blue Cross Foundation: “Support for the process of the social integration and adaptation of refugees from Ukraine in Poland”
- Lutheran Education Society in Gliwice: “Christian school scholarships for Ukrainian children”
- Evangelical Association Betel „Language and vocational training for war refugees from Ukraine”
- Association of Possible Initiatives RzeczJasna: “Activities aimed at supporting the Ukrainian population and popularizing the activities of the ŚFL Churches.