LWF supports Ukrainian refugees in Krakow
To support Ukrainian refugees, LWF World Service, the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation (LWF), a global communion of 149 churches, established a new office and operations in Poland under the name Fundacja LWF w Polsce (LWF Foundation in Poland). This was achieved with the great support of the Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession in Poland (ECAPC) and its parishes that represent more than 60,000 Lutherans in Poland and joined the LWF in 1947.
The Municipality of Krakow and its partners The Polish Scouting and Guiding Association - Krakow Scouting Group (ZHP) are now joining forces with the LWF and ECAPC in the delivery and distribution of food, hygiene, cleaning and sanitary products worth 1,490,000 PLN.
This cooperation exemplifies the actions of national and local actors in response to the current humanitarian crisis related to the war in Ukraine.
It is also another contribution from the Lutheran community to help refugees. At the very beginning of the war, the Evangelical Parish of the Augsburg Confession in Krakow launched an accommodation centre, from which 100 people have benefited so far. Kraków's Lutherans provide assistance on various levels: accommodation, food, administrative-legal and professional.
On the 3rd of November at 10 am at the Aid Warehouse of the Nicolaus Copernicus University at ul. Bartników 10a a delegation will launch officially the distribution. Will be present:
- Julius Kibet (Interim Team Leader, Fundacja LWF w Polsce)
- Lea Gillabert (Donor Communications Support Officer, Fundacja LWF w Polsce)
- Samuel Dypczyński (Procurement & Logistic officer, Fundacja LWF w Polsce)
- Łukasz Ostruszka (Pastor of Parafii Ewangelicko-Augsburskiej)
- Joanna Godfrejów (Vice-president of the Parish Council)
- Hm. Mariusz Siudek (Komendant Chorągwi Krakowskiej ZHP Chorągiew Krakowska)
Maria Wojtacha (Dyrektor Centrum Wielokulturowego, Internationaler Bund Polska)
Two distributions centers will be available for refugees after the launch of the project at Daszyńskiego street 16 and at Nowaka Jeziorańskiego Str. 1.